Big Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy Full Zip Epic Pants Field Report - Pam
pamwyant
2006-01-04 05:11:11 UTC
As with my jacket report, I apolgize for the lack of conversions for
some measurements, and will correct as soon as the site is back up
with that wonderful conversion page I have become so dependent on.

The HTML version is ready otherwise, and I will post to the test
folder when we get the go ahead.

Pam Wyant

Field Report:
Big Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy Full Zip Epic Pants
Date: January 3, 2006

Tester Information:

Name: Pam Wyant
Age: 48
Gender: Female
Height: 5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)
Weight: 165 lb (77 kg)
E-mail address: pamwyant(at)yahoo(dot)com
Location: Western West Virginia, U.S.A.

Backpacking Background:
As spring 2006 looms on the horizon, I'm beginning my third year of
backpacking, and I continue to love it! So far, I've progressed
from day-hiking and single overnights to weekend trips, but I'm
planning a longer trip for spring '06. Hopefully it will be a
section hike of the Appalachian Trail! I hike and backpack mainly
in the hills and valleys of West Virginia, and use a hammock
sleeping system. For a two-day trip my typical pack weighs 22-30 lb
(10-14 kg) including consumables, and I'm striving to lighten that a
bit.

Product Information -
Manufacturer: Big Sky Products
Year of manufacture: 2005
Date of Delivery: October 21, 2005
Size: Large
Total Length: 44 in (112 cm)
Inseam Length: 33 in (84 cm)
Circumference at waist: 34 in (86 cm)
Circumference at hem (one leg): 14.5 in (37 cm)
Advertised Weight: 6.9 oz (196 g)
Weight as delivered: 7.2 oz (204 g)
Color: Dark Blue
Manufacturer Website: http://www.bigskyproducts.com
MSRP: $89.95 US

Features -
Water/wind resistant, breathable Epic fabric
Full side zip
Water resistant YKK zippers
Elastic waist with Velcro closures
Elastic ankle cuffs with snap closure
Gusseted crotch

General description:

The Warm-n-Cozy Full Zip Epic Pants are made of a soft, thin, and
silky feeling fabric that makes a light rustling sound when handled
or worn. They have a full length water resistant zipper, hook and
loop waist adjustment tabs, and a snap closure at the hem bottom.
For a more detailed description and photos, please see my Initial
Report.

Field Information:

So far I've worn the Big Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy Full Zip Epic
Pants on trails, back country roads, and streets of West Virginia.
Hiking elevations have ranged from a high over 4200 feet on the Tea
Creek Mountain Trail to a low near 800 feet at Charles Fork Lake.
Temperatures have ranged from lows in the 20 F range to highs around
70 F. I've day-hiked with the pants on several occasions, carrying
loads ranging from only a half liter of water to a day pack weighing
approximately 7 lb. So far, I've had them on one weekend
backpacking trip carrying a pack weighing approximately 30 lb
including food and water.

Use:

I've worn the Big Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy Full Zip Epic Pants over
silk to mid-weight base layers and found them very comfortable so
far, although the combination of the base layer and the pants made
me a bit too hot when hiking in 70 F weather. I was able to cool
down a bit by leaving the waist tabs fastened and unzipping the
zippers about 6 in at the top for venting. The pants do seem to add
a small amount of warmth even though they are thin, and wind doesn't
seem to penetrate the fabric (but will push it against the base
layer, transferring some cold in the process). I did find my legs
felt uncomfortably cool at 20 F with a mid-weight base layer under
the pants, although I didn't feel dangerously cold. I haven't been
fortunate (or as I would normally consider it, unfortunate) enough
to be hiking or working in a pouring rain yet. I have worn the
pants while hiking in a light rain and in light snow, and have not
noticed any leaks in the fabric or zippers. Due to the lack of
significant testing in heavy rain, I tested the pants in my home
shower for about 5 minutes (while also wearing the Big Sky Products
Warm-N-Cozy Epic Jacket, and still found no leaks.

The pants fit me well. I've found them easy to pull on and off,
even without unfastening the waist tabs or ankle snaps when I put
them on without shoes. If I'm pulling them on over my shoes, I find
it convenient to unfasten the waist tabs and unzip the waist around
10-12 in and unsnap the ankle snaps and unzip the ankles around 12-
14 in. This allows me to gather the pants and pull them on without
getting a lot of dirt or debris in the pants from my shoes. When I
first received the pants I found the waistband a little higher than
I normally like, but the pants are so lightweight and comfortable
that this hasn't been a problem.

So far the fabric is holding up well with no fraying or wear, and
the slight odor I noted upon first receiving the pants has
dissipated. The zippers have worked smoothly, although requiring a
little more pressure to operate than a normal non-water resistant
zipper. The waist hook and loop holds well. One downside I have
noticed is that the ankle snaps remain very hard to open. About the
only way I can open them is to partially unzip the pants at the
ankle, grasp both sides of the fabric near the snap, and pull hard.

The pants are lightweight to carry for rain gear, and pack small -
not much larger than a half liter bottle of water when compressed.
I do find them difficult to fold or roll neatly due to the heavy
zipper making the pants thick and stiff in that area, compounded by
the slippery fabric causing the material to slide around. I've
found it works best just to gather the pants lengthwise around the
zipper, and then sort of twist and roll them together.

I have missed having pockets in the pants, especially when I wear
them when it isn't raining. However, due to the light weight of the
fabric, I think that a loaded pocket would cause the waist of the
pants to sag and droop from the weight. On one hike, I fastened the
Warm-N-Cozy Epic Jacket stored in it's own pocket to the hook and
loop of the pants waistband, and found the weight of the jacket
really caused the pants to pull down on that side. This lead me to
the conclusion that pockets probably wouldn't be very useful in the
pants anyway, since I couldn't carry much weight in them.

Testing Plan:

I'll be continuing to test the Big Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy Full Zip
Epic Pants mainly in West Virginia, on varied trails and back roads
at elevations anticipated at 550 to over 4000 feet (150 to over 1200
meters). Temperatures could range anywhere from lows in the 0 F (-
18 C) range to highs up to the 80 F (27 C) if we experience at
abnormally warm winter days, which seems to usually occur at least
once in either January or February. We usually have lots of
rainfall, some snow, and occasional sleet or ice over the winter.
Most of my use for this time of year will be day hiking, although I
hope to fit in at least one backpacking trip if weather conditions
permit me to feel I can safely do so. Many of my trips are carried
out near rivers or streams, and moisture laden air is often a side
effect in these areas creating dampness in colder weather that adds
a definite chill. I also plan to use the pants during times of
significant precipitation when I am working, which entails being
outdoors for part of most days.

I will continue to monitor how the pants handle various weather
conditions. Key characteristics that I will be testing for include
continued waterproofness/resistance, windproofness, warmth, and
durability. If I am fortunate enough to have weather conditions
permitting a backpacking trip, my pack weight will likely vary
between 30-35 lb. During day hikes I will be carrying a wide
variety of weight from just a water bottle to a fanny pack, to a
larger daypack. My plan is to continue to use the pants as my only
lower body rain gear for work and play. Will the Warm-N-Cozy Epic
Pants prove to be a lightweight solution to keeping me dry in
inclimate weather?

Likes so far –
Very light weight
Easy on and off
Nice feel to the fabric

Dislikes so far –
Ankle snap difficult to open
Pants difficult to fold or roll neatly for packing
No pockets (not really a bad trade-off for the light weight)

Thanks to Big Sky Products and BackpackGearTest for the opportunity
to test the Warm-n-Cozy Full Zip Epic Pants
nazdarovye
2006-01-07 21:02:43 UTC
Pam -

Looks good overall - just three things (one of which you already noted).

Go ahead and make the changes, and you're approved to post.

- Steve

[EDITS FOLLOW:]

***OVERALL EDIT: Add conversions throughout

Due to the lack of
significant testing in heavy rain, I tested the pants in my home
shower for about 5 minutes (while also wearing the Big Sky Products
Warm-N-Cozy Epic Jacket, and still found no leaks.
***EDIT: add ")" after Jacket

Will the Warm-N-Cozy Epic
Pants prove to be a lightweight solution to keeping me dry in
inclimate weather?
***EDIT: "inclement"

[END OF EDITS]
nazdarovye

[END OF EDITS]
Thomas Vickers
2006-01-08 00:26:35 UTC
Big Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy Full Zip Epic Pants Field Test Report

January 7, 2006
Thomas Vickers

38 years old
Male
5 ft 11 in tall (1.8 m)
175 lb (79 kg)
***@pobox.com
Southeast Texas, Houston Area

Tester Background:
I grew up in the piney woods of southeast Texas. Camping was a quick trip
into the mosquito-infested woods behind the house. My style has evolved and
over the last 4 or 5 years, I have begun to take a lighter weight approach
to hiking gear (I still use sleeping bags and tents, just lighter versions).
While I have flirted with lightweight hiking, I feel that I am more of a
mid-weight hiker now. My philosophy is one of comfort, while carrying the
lightest load possible.
Manufacturer Information:

Website: http://www.bigskyproducts.com
Colors available: NA

Weight: 6.9 oz (197g)

MSRP: $ 89.95 US

Additional features:
Full zip pants
Highly water/wind resistant,
breathable Epic fabric
Flapless YKK water resistant zips
Double slider zips to zip from top or bottom
Velcro waist closures
Button elastic ankle cuffs

Information From Tester:

Weight: 7.25 oz (205 g)
Size: Large
Color: Blue
Length from waist to cuff: 43 in (109 cm)

Additional Tester Measurements:
Waist size: 34 in (86 cm)
Inseam length: 31 in (79 cm)

Testing Location:
Southeast Texas
Altitude: Sea level to 250 feet (76 m)
Temperatures: 36 - 80 F (2 - 27 C).

Testing Activities:
Geocaching
Day hiking
Jogging
Fit:
The Big Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy Full Zip Epic Pants have helped me coin the
phrase 'multi-fit' during the first portion of this test. For me that means
that they fit no matter what else I am wearing with them. I have worn them
over shorts, long underwear, and just plain underwear. No matter what layer
I was wearing under them, I was able to adjust the Big Sky Products
Warm-N-Cozy Full Zip Epic Pants to just the right size to accommodate my
base layers. The elastic waistband with hook and loop fasteners was perhaps
the most flexible part of this system. No matter how small or large my
middle area was, the adjustable waist on these pants made it quick and easy
to get comfortable. Best of all, the pants didn't sag or sink down as they
were being worn because once I got the waist to the correct size, it stayed
where it needed to be.

I also like the fact that the overall fit was nice and loose. That means
that the Big Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy Full Zip Epic Pants didn't hug my butt
too much. I really hate tight pants of any sort and especially an outer
layer that is too tight. That was never an issue with these pants no matter
what I had on underneath and that is a big plus for me.

The last part of the fit that I liked was the fact that the leg cuffs stayed
tight and held the pants legs in place no matter what activity I was
involved in. I even wore the metal snaps unsnapped for most of the testing
period and the elastic of the leg cuffs still kept things where they needed
to be. I have to give the Big Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy Full Zip Epic Pants a
passing grade on the adaptability of their fit.

Comfort:
There is often a big difference between a good fit and comfortable clothes
for me. When dealing with an outer layer like the Big Sky Products
Warm-N-Cozy Full Zip Epic Pants there is always the fear of over heating or
getting wet. So far I have either avoided these issues or in most cases,
been able to deal with them. For a large part of this test period I wore
these pants while jogging in the evenings. In the beginning I wore shorts
underneath them, but I soon found that they were comfortable, even in low
temperatures by themselves. One issue that came up fairly quickly with the
high impact activities was that no matter what the air temperature was, it
was easy to get hot in these pants. What I really liked was that as I
heated up it was simple to unzip the pants from the waist down towards the
knees (all while running). This allowed the pants to vent and cool me off
without freezing me to death.

I utilized this same tactic one day when a cold rainy day of day hiking
turned into a hot sunny day of day hiking. For some strange reason I had
only worn my briefs under the pants and as the day heating up I was stuck in
the position of not being able to take the Big Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy Full
Zip Epic Pants off and just wear my shorts. My only alternative was to
unzip the pants a bit (down from the waist) and try and cool off. It wasn't
the best way to wear the pants, but it sure kept me from broiling in a
surprise sauna of my own making. I have one warning about doing this
though. When the zippers are zipped down, it is very easy for a branch or
door knob to catch in the opening and yank the pants off of my waist. The
hook and loop fastener gave very quickly and I found myself standing there
with my pants around my thighs on several occasions. It is just as
embarrassing when I am alone in the woods or when my wife is laughing at me
in the house.

On several occasions I have had the luxury of sleeping in the Big Sky
Products Warm-N-Cozy Full Zip Epic Pants while on a camping trip. I often
wear my rain paints to bed to ensure that I don't get cold in my sleeping
bag. I am very happy to report that there was no binding or pinching at all
during the night. I can also say that the waistband of the pants don't pinch
while being worn under the waist belt of a backpack. I have been able to
carry my pack on two occasions with these pants and when I took the pack
off, I wasn't blessed with any special blisters or hot spots from the waist
of the pants.

The last comment I want to make about these pants is that they are very wind
resistant in my opinion. This winter here in Texas has seemed to be far
windier than normal and on many occasions I have noticed that the Big Sky
Products Warm-N-Cozy Full Zip Epic Pants keeps the wind from biting into me.
I have noticed this when standing still and when jogging in the pants. It
is something that I did not expect from such a light weight pair of pants.

Construction:
Despite my best efforts to get into trouble with these pants, I have so far
avoided any major damage to them. Even after being ripped off my waist
several times (see above) there was no lasting damage to any part of the
pants. I am a master of burning holes in my outer layers by standing around
a campfire, but so far I even managed to avoid that disaster despite being
around several fires. The Big Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy Full Zip Epic Pants
have stood up to pretty normal trail and off trail abuse from me without
developing any tears, snags or permanent odors.

What I have noticed though is that the zippers work smoothly one way. If I
am zipping the zippers down (from the waist toward the ankles) the zippers
move freely and smoothly. I have even been able to do this while jogging
without breaking stride. The reverse action is just the opposite. The
zippers are stiff and hard to move in the opposite direction. I have not
completely unzipped the pants yet because I am worried about getting the
zippers all the way back up without damaging the pants.

Other thoughts:
There are some things that I really want to test, but the weather has not
been cooperative. I have only been able to wear the Big Sky Products
Warm-N-Cozy Full Zip Epic Pants in one or two rain showers and they have not
been very serious or lasted very long. I can't comment on their ability to
keep me dry until I have more experience in that department.

I am also going to do a web search to determine the correct cleaning and
care for Epic fabric for the next phase of my test. There have been a wide
variety of food stains on the Big Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy Full Zip Epic
Pants and I have just wiped them off with a rag and warm water. I just wish
that Big Sky Products had included some sort of cleaning instructions so
that I have a clue if that is the proper thing to do.

Last, but not least, I have really grown to wish that the Big Sky Products
Warm-N-Cozy Full Zip Epic Pants had at least on pocket. When I wear shorts
under them, I really like the fact that it is easy to unzip the a leg zipper
to access my pockets. The problem arises when I don't wear shorts or pants
underneath and I need to stick keys or other items in a pocket. This isn't
a huge issue, but just one pocket would make them just a tad bit more user
friendly in my eyes.
Thomas Vickers

friendly in my eyes.
Thomas Vickers

friendly in my eyes.
Thomas Vickers

friendly in my eyes.
Thomas Vickers
2006-01-08 02:16:06 UTC
Html is here
http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/TESTS/WNCJacket-FR-Vickers/

Big Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy Epic Jacket Field Test Report

[...]

Weight: 9.4 oz (261 g)

MSRP: $ 99.99 US

Additional features:
Highly water/wind resistant, breathable Epic fabric
Hideaway storm hood with elastic draw cord
Flapless YKK water resistant zips
Flapless YKK water resistant underarm zips for extra ventilation
Elastic waist draw cord
Velcro adjustable wrist cuffs
YKK zippered hand warmer pockets

Information From Tester:

Weight: 9.0 oz (256 g)
Size: Large
Color: Gray

Additional Tester Measurements:
Chest girth: 39 in (99 cm)
Arm length (shoulder to wrist): 23 in (58 cm)
Torso length (base of neck to waist): 23 in (58 cm)

Testing Location:
Southeast Texas
Altitude: Sea level to 250 feet (76 m)
Temperatures: 36 - 70 F (2 - 27 C).

Testing Activities:
Day hiking
Jogging
Fit:
After wearing the Big Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy Epic Jacket on several
occasions I can honestly say that the fit is BIG. It is a bit bigger than I
would have expected for a size large jacket, but one thing the generous fit
does mean is that I can layer under it in a variety of ways. I have gone so
far as to see just what I can wear under this jacket and I discovered that
there is nothing in my hiking closet that the Big Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy
Epic Jacket cannot cover. This includes my heaviest coat or my weirdest
layering of long shirt, fleece jacket and fleece vest. Not only does it
cover my heaviest underlayers, it still leaves me with plenty of freedom of
movement. The Big Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy Epic Jacket does not bind or
get tight when I pile the clothes on underneath it.

The one thing I am not that fond of in the fit department is the location of
the drawstring on the jacket. I would much prefer it be located in the
hem/base of the jacket instead of its current location higher up. It isn't a
real problem, but it can lead to the lower part of the jacket flapping a bit
in a high wind.

Comfort:
I really like this jacket. I have worn it over several different types of
base layers and no matter how I wear it, the Big Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy
Epic Jacket is comfortable. I have had the pleasure of wearing nothing but
a tee shirt under the jacket while standing in rather gusty winds. The Epic
jacket really cut the wind out a great deal more than I would have expected.
Being so thin and light wieght I also figured that the Big Sky Products
Warm-N-Cozy Epic Jacket would have a hard time keeping me warm as my only
outer layer, but the outcome of my nightly forays in the jacket was a
pleasant surprise. I was more than comfortable in the Big Sky Products
Warm-N-Cozy Epic Jacket and a tee shirt in temperatures down to about 40 F
(4 C).

For few nights I even used the jacket while jogging. It kept the wind off
of me and allowed me to heat up rather nicely in temperatures below 40 F (4
C). When I got too hot while jogging, it was easy unzip the pit zips on the
Big Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy Epic Jacket and vent myself without breaking
stride. Sometimes I opened the zippers too much and I couldn't quite rezip
them on the move, but it was still nice to be able to keep the jacket on and
make adjustments without stopping. I can also say that the jacket doesn't
bind while being worn with a day pack or shoulder bag. Now I did tend to
get sweaty with a day pack on my back, but that is pretty common no matter
what type of clothing I am wearing, so this is not an issue exclusive to the
Big Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy Epic Jacket.

There is one last thing that I want to add to about the comfort of the Big
Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy Epic Jacket. I have not used the hood yet, mainly
because I don't like most built in jacket hoods. Because of this
preference, I have kept the hood stowed away in the collar of the jacket. In
my past experiences, stowing jacket hoods in the collars doesn't make the
collar work very well. I first noticed how well the collar stayed upright
with the hood stowed when I was dayhiking. There was stiff breeze and I
realized that the collar on the jacket was not only protecting my neck, but
actually keeping it quite warm. I also began to notice how well the collar
stayed up and kept my neck warm and protected when I jogged using the Big
Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy Epic Jacket. I probably didn't do the collar/hood
combo much justice, but I will conclude by saying that the collar/hood combo
works really well in keeping my neck warm-n-cozy.

Overall, I would have to give this jacket a pretty good comfort rating. It
can seem rather cavernous when not wearing too much underneath it, but this
generous cut is more than welcome when I start adding on the underlayers.

Construction:
The Epic fabric of this jacket has always seemed very fragile. At this
point though, I can say this is an appearance that may be a bit deceiving.
I can be very rough on my outer layers, but the Big Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy
Epic Jacket has stood up to every activity I have participated in. There
are no wear spots on the back or shoulders from my daypacks and my off trail
activities have not created any snags or tears. While I won't say it is a
tough jacket, I will say that the Big Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy Epic Jacket
is sturdier than I had expected.

One thing I am a bit worried about are the zippers. They all work well, but
they seem to be very stiff at times. I have taken the time to unzip and
rezip the arm vents, main zipper and pocket zippers on several occasions
just to see if they loosen up a bit. So far they remain smooth, but not
that easy to work. I am wondering if I shouldn't try and find some sort of
zipper lubricant and see if this makes them work just a bit more smoothly.

Other notes:
My main complaint about this portion of the test is far beyond my control.
I have only been able to wear the Big Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy Epic Jacket
in the rain on one occasion for a few minutes. It kept me dry and I can
even report that when I bent over to pick something up, the collar (with
hood stowed inside) kept the water from running down my back and getting my
head wet. At this point, I am really impressed by how the collar on this
jacket works. It keeps my neck warm and in the right circumstances keeps the
water off of my head, both of which are plusses in my book.

I was also not too impressed with the way the Big Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy
Epic Jacket packs into one of its pockets. This was an advertised feature,
but I have yet to get it work in a manner that I find satisfactory. While I
am pleasantly happy with the jacket so far, I am still a bit surprise that
Big Sky Products didn't include any cleaning or care instructions for the
Epic fabric. I will do my best to find out just how to clean/care for the
jacket by my next report, but it would have been nice for this information
to have come with the jacket.
Jennifer
2006-01-08 18:26:11 UTC
EDIT: Big Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy Epic Jacket Field Test Report - TV

Thomas-

Your edits are below. Great Report. Upload when the all clear is given.

Jennifer Pope

<snip>
Post by Thomas Vickers
Chest girth: 39 in (99 cm)
Arm length (shoulder to wrist): 23 in (58 cm)
Torso length (base of neck to waist): 23 in (58 cm)
###Comment: The section title above sounds like measurements of
yourself but I think it's measurements of the jacket. If it's
measurements of the jacket, maybe change the title to just "additional
measurements". If these are measurements of you, maybe move them to
the reviewer info.
Post by Thomas Vickers
Epic Jacket cannot cover. This includes my heaviest coat or my weirdest
###EDIT - extra space between or and my
Post by Thomas Vickers
layering of long shirt, fleece jacket and fleece vest. Not only does it
cover my heaviest underlayers, it still leaves me with plenty of freedom of
movement. The Big Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy Epic Jacket does not bind or
get tight when I pile the clothes on underneath it.
The one thing I am not that fond of in the fit department is the location of
the drawstring on the jacket. I would much prefer it be located in the
hem/base of the jacket instead of its current location higher up. It isn't a
real problem, but it can lead to the lower part of the jacket
flapping a bit
in a high wind.
Post by Thomas Vickers
jacket really cut the wind out a great deal more than I would have expected.
Being so thin and light wieght I also figured that the Big Sky
###Edit: "light weight"

Products
Post by Thomas Vickers
Warm-N-Cozy Epic Jacket would have a hard time keeping me warm as my only
outer layer, but the outcome of my nightly forays in the jacket was a
pleasant surprise. I was more than comfortable in the Big Sky Products
Warm-N-Cozy Epic Jacket and a tee shirt in temperatures down to about 40 F
(4 C).
For few nights I even used the jacket while jogging. It kept the
###Edit: "For a few"

wind off
Post by Thomas Vickers
of me and allowed me to heat up rather nicely in temperatures below 40 F (4
C). When I got too hot while jogging, it was easy unzip the pit
###EDIT - "it was easy TO unzip"

zips on the
Post by Thomas Vickers
make adjustments without stopping. I can also say that the jacket doesn't
bind while being worn with a day pack or shoulder bag. Now I did
###Edit: "daypack"

tend to
Post by Thomas Vickers
get sweaty with a day pack on my back, but that is pretty common no
###Edit: "daypack"

matter
Post by Thomas Vickers
Big Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy Epic Jacket.
There is one last thing that I want to add to about the comfort of the Big
Sky Products Warm-N-Cozy Epic Jacket. I have not used the hood yet, mainly
because I don't like most built in jacket hoods. Because of this
preference, I have kept the hood stowed away in the collar of the jacket. In
my past experiences, stowing jacket hoods in the collars doesn't make the
collar work very well. I first noticed how well the collar stayed upright
with the hood stowed when I was dayhiking. There was stiff breeze
###Edit: "day hiking"

<snip>
nazdarovye
2006-01-11 05:06:18 UTC
Tom -

Great report. Just three minor edits - fix and upload at will.

Regards,
Steve

[EDITS FOLLOW:]

When dealing with an outer layer like the Big Sky Products
Warm-N-Cozy Full Zip Epic Pants there is always the fear of over
heating or
getting wet.
***EDIT: "overheating"

For some strange reason I had
only worn my briefs under the pants and as the day heating up I was
stuck in
the position of not being able to take the Big Sky Products
Warm-N-Cozy Full
Zip Epic Pants off and just wear my shorts.
***EDIT: "heated up"

Last, but not least, I have really grown to wish that the Big Sky Products
Warm-N-Cozy Full Zip Epic Pants had at least on pocket.
***EDIT: "one"

[END OF EDITS]